S.b (Server Benchmark) was written to allow administrators and power users to further leverage a burn in process for server, VM’s, and desktop hardware. S.b has several very powerfull features aand can be used to processors and memory.
- To run S.b, simply double click on the .exe.
- If you would like to allow S.b to dynamically choose how many threads to use, set the value of the text box to the left of ‘SET Threads’ to 0 [zero].
- To start the processor benchmark or burn-in process, click on ‘START p’.
- After clicking on ‘START p’, you will see how many threads have been dispatched and how many increments per second are processed.
- To start the utilizing the array and writing data to memory, key in any random text or number in the second text box right above ‘chars in length’.
This code is not to test how fancy the video card is or what version of direct x happens to be on the pc or server. This benchmark is for those of you that want to push their memory and processing resources to the max and keep it there for a predefined amount of time. Burn in your builds, don’t fluff around. This benchmark also works great as a counterpart to our i/o performance analysis tool. Especially for benchmarking your vmware or citrix farms.